Senior Engineering Manager – Hot Metals
World Class Lead/Metal recycler seeking Engineering Manager to manage plant maintenance & projects, Must have GCC, BSc Mech/Industrial Engineering Degree or Equivalent with experience in: Manufacturing plant maintenance, Hot Metal, Building & Construction regulations, Building Materials & Engineering Practices, Metallurgical Processes, ISO:9001/14001/50001, OHSAS 45001, 5S & TPM + Sig Sigma Black Belt & Lean Mgt.
To professionally manage the overall coordination and management of the plant maintenance and project functions to satisfy the long and short-term objectives of the company operating from the manufacturing plant in Wadeville.
This position reports to the Operations Manager
- BSc Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years industrial related project management experience preferably in a hot metal environment.
- Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience in successfully managing various projects.
- 5 years of general maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years in a management position, with an emphasis on project management.
- Sound knowledge of general machinery, process flow and maintenance principles
- General understanding of contract administration, business principals, budgets and cost control.
- Sound understanding of requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50 001 and OHSAS 45001.
- Working knowledge of 5S & TPM,
- Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Management principles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of project management and plant maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of Building and Construction regulations
- Sound knowledge of building materials and engineering practices
- Outstanding grasp of metallurgical concepts and processes
- A broad understanding of each engineering discipline
- General understanding of :
- Contract administration
- Business principals and business law
- Commercial awareness
- Budgets and cost control
- Proficiency in MS Office software, and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Cost – deliverables are being completed within the baselined cost plan.
- Progress – deliverables are being completed within the baselined time scales.
- Quality – deliverables are being completed to defined expectations, first time.
- Performance (Value) – progress is being earned for the expected cost.
- Cash flow – net project cash flow is being achieved as the defined expectations.
- SHE – the required Safety, Health & Environmental standards are being achieved.
- Regulatory – all required statutory and regulatory conditions are being met.
- Reporting – regular and timely reporting of project progress to managers.
- Risk – to proactively manage foreseen project risk, mitigating as necessary.
- Change – managing changes to the project without unduly affecting the stated objectives and benefits.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to motivate people effectively
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different organisations and at different levels of seniority, Evidence of analytical, investigative and problem -solving abilities., Ability to work on own or as a member of a team