Manager – Parts and Workshop / Manager – After Sales
(Trucks Commercial Vehicles)
The Employer: is part of a group of companies which specialises in the sales, service and parts supply on the complete range of commercial vehicles.
- To grow the service & parts department in all facets of its operation
- To ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction at all times
- To maintain agreed profit margins and return on investment
- To actively seek to maintain/achieve an acceptable market share
- To maintain excellent service & parts service – CSM/CSI
- To sell the maximum to trade and retail customers – Service & parts
- To monitor sales daily in order to ensure due emphasis is placed on selling the most profitable lines/maintain stock & general parts stock management
- Manage targets with specific focus on asset management (stock controlling/stock turn) and managing sales performance as well as the performance process
- Ability to control resources at a level commensurate with profit requirements and enhanced customer relations
- Ability to maximise departmental profitability through the sale of labour and associated products to franchise and non-franchise customers
- Supervision of staff, management of performance, discipline and other staff management related functions
- Ability to ensure Service Department achieves budget objectives through daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and control of accounts, operating controls and composite figures
- Ability to ensure efficient operation of the Service Department through efficient labour utilization, productivity and sales
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Ability to maintain effective control of expenses through monthly examination of management accounts to ensure expenditure for the Service Department is in line with budgeted labour sales
- Relevant post matric qualification will be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Commercial industry
- Valid Driver’s License / code 14 would be advnatageous
- Knowledgeable in what is required of a Technician
- Relevant post matric qualification in Management will be an advantage
- Fully computer literate – Microsoft package
- Experience in Kerridge/CDK
- Target / Performance driven
- Working with peers/customers/OEM
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure
- Growth driven
- Customer focused management
- Strong motivational and negotiation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Focus on driving performance
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to monitor and proactively control costs.
- Debtor management
- Ability to control stock levels in accordance with budget.
- Excellent skills in organizing sales promotions to boost sales during peak user times, e.g. Easter, summer holiday period, Christmas.
- Ability to proactively examine all major transactions weekly to determine ways to improve customer service.
- Ability to closely monitor and control overheads and stock values, reporting excesses to the Dealer Principal timeously together with solutions for addressing such matters.
- Ability to monitor and control parts purchasing activity.
- Ability to maximize benefits through discounts in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to effectively manage staff including performance, discipline, recruitment and training.
- Excellent in administration:
- To ensure that all transactions are correctly recorded and, when necessary, information passed to relevant departments.
- To ensure that stock levels are promptly and accurately updated.
- Regularly monitor customers’ credit limit notifying Dealer Principal/After Sales Manager about limits reached.
- Relationship management, peers, staff, suppliers and OEM