Credit Controller – Motor Retail
The employer is a stable and professional leading Automotive brand with reputable Dealerships. We are seeking the services of dynamic and experienced credit controllers with strong motor retail experience, position is based at one of the Dealerships in Gauteng
- Continuous monitoring of debtors accounts and daily follow up of outstanding debtors
- Attending to all customer queries and following up with dealership staff
- Daily processing of all customer receipts, Journals and settlement discounts and allocating as per remittance advices.
- Ensuring invoices and statements are issued timeously and check for accuracy.
- Ensure all administration and filing of documentation is kept up to date and is easily accessible on request.
- Reconciling customers a/c’s and GL accounts if and when required.
- Checking trade references, requesting ITC reports, bank codes as and when (if) required and verifying all information on credit applications.
- Reporting of delinquent / problem accounts to CM.
- Managing, reviewing and controlling credit limits as required to.
- Assisting and relieving other credit controllers when and if required to.
- Weekly reporting of cash sales, all parts and service debtors and account status to Dealership staff / Management / Credit Manager,
- Visiting Dealership / Dealership Management when and if requested to.
- Attending Credit Control / and or any other meetings when and if requested to.
- Ensuring all credit control and collections procedures as per company policies distributed and communicated from time to time are applied and adhered to.
- Performing any other debtors / credit control related responsibilities as and when requested to do so by Credit Manager.
- Ensuring all communication with customers & colleagues is kept professional, courteous and polite
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Matric or equivalent
- Min 5 years Credit Controller experience
- Working to credit control targets (collections)
- Checking trade references, ITC and credentials
- Issuing Final Demands
- Accounting functions
- Weekly / Monthly reporting
- Processing of journals
- Opening of new accounts experience
- Customer invoicing statement experience
- Motor Retail industry experience
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Prepared to work flexible work hours to meet deadlines when required
- Structured, organised, diligent and conscientious individual
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills